Sunday, October 25, 2009

What a treat!

If you've got it, flaunt it. In this case, the "it" is a Cookie Monster costume that suddenly is the coolest Halloween get-up ever.

Yes, you read that right. Sydney has done a 180. (As I suspected she would.) This weekend, just in time for Scarium at the Aquarium, she proclaimed, "I like Cookie Monster. I Cookie Monster!"

She strutted around the Aquarium like she owned the place. She discovered that the one-piece costume works really well for sliding. So many people commented on how cute she looked, it almost made the craziness of the costume search worth it. Almost.
And what did AJ, the child with a million disguises choose to wear today? Batman.
It's always swell when a $1 garage sale find trumps the brand new Wolverine costume we bought a few weeks ago and the homemade knight costume I spent hours creating.

It was fun bringing the kids trick-or-treating at the Aquarium. It was an event I helped start seven years ago, and was one of the last things I worked on before being laid-off. Little did I imagine back then, how much enjoyment it would bring my family today.

No comments:

Post a Comment