Sunday, October 11, 2009

Halloween countdown

Can you guess who's excited for Halloween? This picture might help you take a stab at it.

Yes, Halloween is still 20 days away, but we wanted to make a jack-o-lantern with Grandma Lynne, and she's only here until Monday. And so, since we knew a carved pumpkin had no chance of surviving until the big day, we decided to do the next best thing. Think of it as Mr. Potato Head meets Mr. Pumpkin.

It may not last until Halloween, but it surely will last longer than the kids' interest in any particular costume. I believe this is a Power Ranger pirate during a moment of truce with a Storm Trooper bobblehead.


Maybe it's a good thing we still have nearly three weeks until the big night, because dress up plans are again up in the air. AJ already has a costume, but I just found a magazine with an absolutely adorable, no-sew pattern for Robin Hood. AJ looked at it, turned the page and saw a knight costume that he loved even more, and now I'm getting busy with a hot glue gun.

Sydney, meanwhile, continues to baffle me. For the last couple days I've been trying to talk her out of the Cookie Monster idea. She's started saying she wants to be a Honey Bunny, and I'm encouraging it. I figure I can stick a pom pom tail on a pink sleeper and get her some bunny ears. But during a trip to WalMart this evening, she threw a fit when I showed her some bunny ears. She briefly got excited at the site of a Thomas the Train costume, but then said, "I no Thomas." This just may be the year I dress her in her regular coat and mittens and attach a sign that says, "I'm two."

1 comment:

  1. I think you're making WAY too much work out of this. With all the costumes you have in your house, what's the problem? They're only 2 & 4 years old. They won't even remember what they were for Halloween.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete