Monday, October 5, 2009

Remember your manners

This story got rather buried by the news of AJ's pneumonia. But still worth sharing...

Trying to get ready Friday morning... Sydney was still asleep. AJ was watching TV in the living room. I checked with AJ to see if there was anything he needed, and told him I was going to take a shower.

Maybe a minute later, from the closet where I was trying to pick clothes to wear (in the dark, so as not to disturb Jeff who was still sleeping), I could hear AJ calling rather urgently, "Mom! Mom!"

Quickly tiptoeing out of the closet and bedroom, so as not to wake Jeff, I finally reached the living room on the fourth or fifth "Mom!"

"What AJ?" I asked.

"I sneezed."

That's it? He felt a pressing need to tell me that? I waited for him to continue, but finally had to prompt, "So?"

He was quite concerned. "Nobody said 'bless you'."

As for how he's doing - he's still sleeping, and I haven't heard him cough once. Always a good sign. If you ask him, he'll say, "I'm mostly better. Maybe still a little bit sick."

2 comments:

  1. "Maybe still a little bit sick." ??? Hmmm. Now is when you get to decide if he really isn't feeling as good as you think he is OR is he just enjoying the added attention of being sick. But with pneumonia, it's always best to be extra careful so he doesn't pick up sometime else in his "weakened condition." But remember he IS a man in the making. Hee, hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor AJ! We're sending lots of love your way - from a safe distance.

    ReplyDelete