Saturday, October 10, 2009

Rude wake up call

Mother Nature just trumped any cute kids stories.

I knew there was a 60-percent chance for snow today, but I thought that meant we'd be seeing flurries. I didn't realize it was anything that would stick around. And I certainly didn't expect to wake up to this:

That's way more than just frost on our pumpkin. Even Maggie seemed surprised, and not all that thrilled, by this chilly layer of white. Maybe it's because we're still in the first half of October. Maybe it's because there are still so may pretty leaves on the trees.

Maybe it's because Jeff just mowed the lawn yesterday. Really. Maybe it's because we've just had two weeks of miserable, wet, mostly overcast weather, and the forecast for the next week gives no reason for cheer. Bottom line, I am not yet able to see the beauty in this.
Perhaps when the kids wake up they'll find reason to be excited. Hopefully their enthusiasm will be contagious, because right now I can't help but think this is just plain wrong.

1 comment:

  1. At least it's not as bad as the 1991 Halloween Blizzard.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete