Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Money, money, money...

If Sydney has any interest in working at a financial institution, she certainly has a bank of experience to turn to for advice: two grandmas and a mommy all have worked there.

So it was fun checking out the newest exhibit at the Children's Museum last week. Sydney immediately grabbed a plastic basket and some fruit from the mini-sized grocery store, and then filled it the rest of the way with the bank's oversized coins.


AJ seemed more interested in the various computerized activities.

AJ, it seems, is the one we need to have a talk with about money. Though, Mommy really doesn't know quite what to say. On Sunday, I gave him two quarters to drop in the offering plate at Sunday School. We were a few minutes late getting there, and as I dropped him off, I noted they were just finishing collecting the offering. I made a mental note to have AJ give the coins to his teacher when I picked him up, but of course I forgot.

Fast forward to late Sunday afternoon. I ran to Super One with the kids. There's a coin operated "purple bus" just past the check out lines there, so usually I let the kids climb on it while I'm bagging groceries. This trip was no different, with one notable exception. When I looked over to make sure the kids were behaving, the bus was moving. Yes, my sweet little boy remembered the quarters in his pocket and figured out how to get the ride to go. WWJD?

2 comments:

  1. You probably should explain to him something to the effect that the money he had was money for Jesus & the church. He's not too young to hear what that money goes for. Maybe he has no idea WHY he puts money in the basket, but now is a VERY good time to explain it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I think Lily has spent the last year telling me "But Alyssa puts money in the rides!" (I tell her that's what big sisters are for)

    2) Lily will not put quarters in the offering, only other coins because she says we need the quarters for the grocery carts at Aldi :-)

    ReplyDelete