Sunday, June 20, 2010

Birthday bling

Dear Sydney,

Today you are three. I can't believe how quickly the time has passed and you have grown so big. You have an awesome imagination and the most wonderful laugh. You've pretty much figured out the potty-training thing and have lots of opinions, which you are always happy to share. You do your best to keep up with your big brother, and melt my heart every time you ask to snuggle "just the girls."

You made me laugh this morning when I asked what the birthday girl would like for breakfast. You picked hot dogs and ketchup.


Your Daddy just woke up and thinks your idea for breakfast would make a good Father's Day breakfast, as well. You two share so many similar tastes. Your ability to sleep in later than any child I've ever heard of - you get that from Daddy too.

This was the year you started to like accessories. Suddenly, hair pretties and jewelry are must-haves. I'm really glad you like the necklace. I suspect we'll be finding pieces of it for years to come. It's part of a 140-piece set of pop-it beads. Maybe inviting Avery and Reese to your party wasn't such a good idea after all.

While you were waiting for your hot dog to cook, you played with all your new friends. It took a little work to get Dora, Barbie, Strawberry Shortcake and Princess Tiana to all sit together without tipping over. You happily announced, "We're having a class."

A little earlier, it was just Barbie and Princess Tiana playing animal rescuers. Baby monkey needed a time out in his bed for scaring baby kitty. Good job keeping everyone in line, Sydney. I love listening to the conversations you have when you play.
As I think back to that magical day three years ago, I never imagined how well our family has grown together. You and your brother are learning to antagonize each other more and more, but for the most part, you play together very well. You cheer for each other and defend each other with a fierce intensity that makes me proud.
One ironic note, after running the half-marathon yesterday, I think I am in more pain today than I was three years ago. The drugs following your C-section did their job quite well. I think it's time for more ibuprofen.
I love you sweetheart and can't wait to see how you will continue to amaze me in the years to come.
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment