Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday morning fun

As I sit down to begin writing this, it's about 8:35 on a Saturday morning. I can't help but note the time and think of how vastly different this morning is compared to one week ago. Today, I'm wandering around the house, still wearing what I slept in, enjoying a big ol' mug of coffee. In contrast, just seven days ago, I was rounding the final curve and heading for the finish line after a 13-mile run.

Jeff was quite smart in choosing a spot from which to cheer for me. As soon as I passed, he and the kids were able to walk a very short distance and discover a wonderful distraction that kept them happily occupied until I could back and find them.
I have mixed feelings about the new Playfront Park. The old castle structure was so big and awe-inspiring. But it was also old, so I understand why it had to go. This new playground, which just opened earlier this month, is wide open, which I love because it will be so much easier to keep an eye on the kids. But I don't see much about it that's particularly unique from other playgrounds we visit.

The kids had fun, Jeff said. And that, of course, is the most important thing.
If it ever stops raining, perhaps I could take the kids there for some fun on a Friday. That probably would be enough to raise my enthusiasm level for the new playground. As it is, I can't help thinking that the "AdventureShip" (check out the name above AJ's head in the top photo) would have been better named "Adventure pARK"

No comments:

Post a Comment