Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A mind like a sponge

Beware AJ. When it comes to the game of Memory, you have met your match.

This little girl has got you beat!

I've heard the analogy comparing a child's mind to a sponge, able to soak up incredible amounts of information. So I guess it's appropriate that Sydney showed off her impressive memory skills while playing the Sponge Bob version of the game.

At the start of the game, it was just AJ and I playing. To even the odds, I invited Sydney to join us, letting her pick and flip cards for me. Whoa! AJ never had a chance.
I didn't realize she'd even been paying attention, but clearly she had. The little match-making machine finished the game in a matter of minutes, out-scoring her brother nearly 2-1.
She also managed to soak up one of my exclamations of disbelief. During a subsequent game between Sydney and Mommy, when I made a match, she loudly commented, "Are you kidding me?!?"

No comments:

Post a Comment