Monday, June 14, 2010

Puddle jumping

"Um, AJ? Why are we standing out here in the rain?"

"I don't know Syd. It just seemed like a good idea at the time."

The weather last Friday was so wet and gloomy.

Let me correct myself. To me, it seemed gray and miserable. To the kids, it was a chance to wear cool rain jackets and search for puddles during the 43-seconds I left them unattended. (We were heading out to run errands and they headed out the door while I was still grabbing my purse.) I stepped into the garage to discover they'd opened the garage door and were now gleefully stomping around the driveway.

AJ, if you hadn't guessed by the roomy fit, was wearing my rain jacket, which is probably three times as old as he is. I was an intern at KSTP, covering some sort of search that wasn't being suspended due to a torrential rain storm, when I bought it.

Sydney, meanwhile, got to wear her new rain jacket for the first time, a gift from Jeff's Aunt Dee. I'm not sure about the fit of the hood, but the frog pocket is just too cute. Should anyone be allowed to look this adorable while standing in the rain?

No comments:

Post a Comment