Saturday, August 20, 2011

The best garage sale ever

I can count on one hand the number of garage sales we've visited this summer. Friday, at least for Sydney, we made up for lost time. In just one stop.

A former co-worker was having a sale. Knowing she has two daughters (who have gotten so big I just can't believe it), I figured this would be a sale that was worth a visit. And it was. We found the stuff of ballerina dreams.


Tulle and sequins and feathers and a bow. This dress has everything! Incidentally, I had to wait a few minutes to take a picture of Sydney in her new dress. "First I have to show you my talent," she explained, as she twirled around a few times.

In addition to a perfectly awesome ballerina dress, we also found a ballerina Barbie doll.


Even AJ found something he couldn't live without. How better to get ready for the return to school, than with your very own desk for homework and coloring projects. 


Other treasures included a winter coat for Sydney, pink baseball glove, Barbie puzzle, Disney Princess learn-to-read book, leotard, Aladdin movie (to replace the one our VCR ate a few months ago), pink tennis shoes and several shirts, pants and skirts. All for $20.

I guess it goes to show: one ballerina's trash is another ballerina's treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment