Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Go Twins!

For some reason, my laptop has frozen on me this morning when I try to do anything involving pictures. I somehow managed to upload one shot from our Sunday trip to Target Field, but that's all it's going to allow me to do.


Yes, we are standing on the warning track! Because I volunteered with the March of Dimes' March for Babies last spring, we were able to go to the Twins game and march around the field with the families who'd raised a lot of money for the organization.

AJ and Jeff made a quick stop in a souvenir shop to buy a batting helmet and marker in case they could get some autographs. Unfortunately, they struck out. Jeff spotted a couple players but a security guard directed us to keep moving. Bummer!

***Update: the computer is working again, so here's the rest of the story***

As we walked around the field, little did I know I'd just taken a photo of our seats. Look behind Sydney... way back... way, way back... on the left side of the picture, beneath the big sign for FSNorth.


Yessirreee! Our seats - listed innocently on the tickets as Row 16 of Section 331 - were in the very back row. (Lucky for us, our visit to Wrigley Field last month gave us plenty of practice climbing lots of steps to reach our seats. I'm sensing a pattern here!)


Despite the distance, we still had an amazing view. Of a game the Twins actually won. I'm pretty sure that's Jason Kubel in the next shot, hitting his two-run homer.

And really, for the kids, as long as we kept them stuffed with sugar, they were perfectly content.



One benefit to back row seats: if you get bored watching the game, you can always turn your attention to the trains and light rail transit passing behind you.


We stuck it through the seventh inning, but then had to dash. Jeff had to get home for a highly important appointment - a fantasy football draft. The Twins seemed to do just fine without us - the final score was 11-4.


All in all, it was a great afternoon: a fun game to watch and cheer for the Twins and a good opportunity to look around at the families sitting in our section - most of whom who've been touched in some way by premature birth - and be grateful for the two healthy children I am blessed to call my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment