Friday, August 12, 2011

Sydney sayings

She dances. She draws. And she says the darnedest things.


Here's a sampling from the last few days:

  • Taking a bite of a sugar snap pea, Sydney enthusiastically declared "These are my favorite kind of beans!"
  • For dinner tonight, I grilled burgers (something I charred on my last attempt.)  When Sydney saw what was on her plate, she first whined, "I wanted a hot dog." Knowing I hadn't burned it this time, I insisted she try the cheeseburger. She did so and then announced in a voice filled with surprise, "Mom, you made these good!"
  • At her first dance class, Sydney introduced herself to her teacher (Miss Anne), and then felt compelled to warn, "But I'm not very good. Sometimes I fall down." Miss Anne cheerfully told her not to worry, saying they have a secret that helps - they use a bar so they don't fall down. Sydney excitedly responded, "That's what I use in hockey!"
  • Once class started, parents waited outside (so as not to be a distraction) but could watch through a 1-way window. I noted at one point the girls were playing with hula hoops. Later at home, I asked Sydney what her favorite part of dance class was. She wiggled her hips as she answered, "When we did the hula!"

No comments:

Post a Comment