Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bus ride

It's one thing to be big enough to go to Miss Tina's class. But nothing says "big girl" quite like your first ride home on a real school bus.

Even if your older brother thinks you can't manage the stairs by yourself and doesn't give you the chance to prove that you can.


Oh yeah! Who's the big girl now?!? Have you ever seen such an expression of delight and accomplishment?


Day three for Sydney at preschool, as fun as it was, clearly got overshadowed by the ride home. I'd picked her up and brought her home the first day, and she had to go to the after-school daycare program the second day, so this was her first time riding the bus with the big kids.

Jeff brought the kids to me at work this evening on his way to work, and before she was even in the door, Sydney blurted, "I rode the bus home and Dad took my picture!"

AJ was surprisingly unexcited to have his sister on the bus. When I asked him if he liked having her along he answered, "Not really. Miss Jill (Miss Tina's assistant) made me sit next to Sydney, and she was really annoying. She just kept talking all the way home."

Our next door neighbor Jolene sat near them and talked with Sydney during the ride. I've told AJ that from now on, anytime Jolene sits by Sydney, then he doesn't have to.

I have a sneaking suspicion that once he's given a choice, his big brother instincts will kick in and he'll complain if she doesn't sit by him.

No comments:

Post a Comment