Monday, October 24, 2011

Shopping adventures

I went shopping Sunday with the best of intentions. Sydney just wanted shoes. (And considering the toes on her black shoes are colored in with Sharpie marker to hide the scuffs, I'd say she's entitled.)

But first, we needed to replace the broken handle on our sliding door. I'd been told - a long time ago - that in order to do so, I needed to know the serial number, which is printed somewhere on the door. I finally found and wrote down the serial number, and so off to Home Depot we went. Only to find out Home Depot doesn't carry that brand of door. I guess we'll be visiting Menard's next.
Luckily, we did find corn stalks to decorate the porch, and a new spray bottle to replace the one AJ broke.

So the trip wasn't a complete waste of time. (Jeff, who was not with us, may tell you otherwise.)

Riding through the store, Sydney sprayed the corn stalk with the empty bottle. She announced it was going to grow into a magic bean stalk. I reminded her it was a corn stalk, which wasn't quite as exciting, but she continued spraying it just in case.

With the very long corn stalk at last loaded into the minivan, I gave Sydney the choice, asking, "Should we go to Target or Cub next?"

"The one with the shoes!"

"Target it is."


Pink sparkle shoes can do anything! She demonstrated her favorite ballerina moves (i.e. the only ones she knows). First position, plie and chasse, then declared, "I love 'em!"

Sparkle shoes, corn stalks and a spray bottle. How can you not call that a successful shopping trip?

No comments:

Post a Comment