Sunday, March 4, 2012

How I spent my weekend

Our weekend activities can be summed up in two words: Hockey


And shoveling:

AJ is playing in his final tournament of the season.

Let me repeat that. After this weekend, we have NO MORE HOCKEY. (For a month, because then he starts a three-on-three league. But we get a month with no hockey.)


AJ's first two games will not rank as his best performances. But at game three, his first grade teacher happened to be watching (she had a relative on the other team). Suddenly, AJ found new motivation to skate hard and go after the puck. When he scored his first couple goals, as always, he raised his stick in the air to celebrate. But I noticed he was looking at someone other than me to make sure she was watching.

When we weren't at the arena, I was shoveling. The forecast predicted 1-2" Friday night. But then a funny thing happened. It just kept snowing. All day long.


Officially, our area received six inches of the light and powdery stuff. But I know we got more than that. I'd guess closer to nine or 10.


Since it was so light and fluffy, I was more than willing to shovel it. And a certain someone was more than happy to join me outside.


How much does Gus love the snow? I let him loose in the front yard, and he stayed near me. Apparently chasing the snow that I threw with the shovel is far more fun than anything he might find to do in the neighbor's yard.

And now it's time to go again. To another hockey game. And did I mention? It's still snowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment