Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Prayer snippet

I'm pretty sure my prayers last night and again this morning included something along the lines of, "Please help me finish the article I'm working on so I can get some sleep and have more time to play with the kids."

I'm well aware God doesn't always answer our prayers in the way that we ask. But this is a bit extreme. I'm by no means blaming him for what was my own careless mistake. But couldn't he have stopped me from doing something so stupid that I had to basically start over on a 2,500 word article. Yeah, I don't screw up on the 500-700 word features. Oh no, that'd be far too simple. I wait until the big one to incorrectly save the piece and then inadvertenly write over the file. How does this fit into his master plan?

We'll have to see if Sydney has any better luck with her prayer requests. At bedtime this evening, her prayer included, "and help Gus to be a good dog tomorrow. And help me to not pick my nose."

And now I will pray for the energy, wisdom and any other strength God can throw my way to help me finish this blessed article.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment