Friday, March 2, 2012

Thank you notes

This was certainly a surprise. A week after our afternoon skating adventure with a bunch of first graders, AJ came home from school yesterday with a stack of thank you notes from his class mates.


The kids thanked Jeff and me for "sckaineg" with them.


And for "plan gams"


AJ's friend Ben impressed me with both his penmanship and the thought he put into what he was writing. He thanked us for tying his skates and for "the etertamet." How sweet!



I'm thinking we might need to write a letter back to AJ's class, thanking them for letting us skate with them. Perhaps they don't realize that we were having as much fun as they were.

Of course my favorite one had a very simple message.

 AJ confessed he made a mistake and felt bad because he gave me black hair. Thinking quickly (because really I hadn't looked at more than the words), I told him I assumed he'd drawn me wearing a hat or Dad's black hockey helmet.

"Yeah!" He quickly jumped on board. "That's the helmet you wore when you played hockey against us and I beat you!"

Maybe he should just stick to "thank you".

No comments:

Post a Comment