Monday, April 29, 2013

Healthy family fun

Now that the kids are getting older, I've kind of let my guard down in the area of constant close supervision. But Saturday, I was reminded why it's important to never turn your back on them for more than a moment. We were up at UMD for Northland Community Wellness Day, a family-friendly event that St. Louis County was sponsoring.

I was keeping an eye on Sydney, who was playing in a bouncy house, and was talking with the mother of one of her friends who happened to be there. All of a sudden a woman I know from church approached us, pointing for me to turn around. That's when I saw this: 


I let them out of my sight for just a couple minutes, and the next thing you know my boys are going at it as sumo wrestlers.


Due to his size (or lack there of), AJ was at a distinct disadvantage. Any time he fell, his head pretty much disappeared inside the massive costume and he required help to get back on his feet.


That same lack of size also didn't help when he decided to shoot hoops with the Bulldog mascot.



There was plenty going on that I didn't photograph. The kids are now big enough that when they get stickers from firefighters they know to flaunt them in front of their father. Sydney stalked a clown until he made her a balloon dog, which she promptly named Squeaky. And the kids got to try on beer goggles - probably not intended for kids so young - and after stumbling repeatedly while trying to walk a straight line, they each proclaimed the experience as "Awesome" and "Cool" - probably not the intended response.

I wish we could have stayed longer because the kids were having a blast, but AJ had a birthday party to go to. On the way out, they had to stop and show me their tough bulldog face.


Fun times! We'll be looking forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment