Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Almost done

After weeks of construction and thousands of dollars spent, the kids' favorite part of our nearly finished basement is... (drumroll, please)... the closet in the guest room.


It's a well-lit place to hide and giggle, where your voice carries in a wonderful echo. What fun!


A couple of vent covers is the only thing keeping the guest room and family room from being complete. And the bathroom will likely be done tomorrow. It's all very exciting. The only downside is we now can move stuff out of storage, which means cleaning off the deep layer of dust that's come to coat just about everything that's down there.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by the depth of the dust. I've been complaining for weeks about how much of it had risen to the upper level. It's just amazing how difficult it is to wipe it all off. I swear there's some sort of magnetic field at play that just refuses to let go. On the flooring alone, we've swept, vacuumed and "swiffered", and still the dust seems to re-appear every time we turn around.

Lucky for me, I've got a couple of little helpers who think it's fun to wipe things down, just so long as I let them take a break every few minutes, to run and hide and giggle in the closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment