Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Yeah, but you should see the other guy...

Hard to believe, but when Jeff went to work on Tuesday with an eye looking like this...

...his co-workers suggested I might have been the cause. No. The next younger member of our family gets the credit for that.

Jeff had been playing in the basement with the kids while I did some work on the computer Monday night. All of a sudden I heard him exclaim, "Oh, AJ, don't do that." I naturally assumed AJ had collided with Jeff a few feet lower on the body. But no.

And just how did the injury occur? During a game I hadn't realized could be such an extreme contact sport. It was a highly competitive game of... Gator Golf.

Perhaps it was the new dress... I mean, jersey... from Grandpa and Grandma that inspired them. Or maybe it was just my boys' obsession with a certain other sport. But apparently Gator Golf evolved into a hybrid of hockey, becoming a rough game with few rules. Because as AJ explained to me, "I hit Daddy in the eye. But I said I was sorry, so I didn't get a penalty."

No comments:

Post a Comment