Friday, April 24, 2009

Watercolors

Most of this story will likely make Grandpa David proud. But there's one key element that will no doubt make him cringe.

I found an "art set" that some friends had given AJ for Christmas. Up until now, we've just used the kit's markers and crayons. But this morning, I showed AJ what he could do with the watercolors.

Looking at the above photo, I now realize I probably should have paid more attention to how he was holding the brush. But he was having fun.
As focused as AJ was on his masterpiece, it's too bad Mommy couldn't show that same amount of focus with the camera lens.

Here's the part Grandpa will love the most: AJ discovered, and excitedly announced, "Mommy, orange and yellow and blue and orange make brown!"
And the cringe-worthy part? Yes, I allowed my son to paint in an oversized coloring book. Hopefully this limitation on his creativity won't scar him for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment