Monday, April 13, 2009

The thrill of the hunt

I realize this is not a good picture. And considering three of our four family members are visible in the blurry shot, it's pretty easy to narrow down who the bad photographer is. Yet, if you can see through the haze, you'll see a good representation of the chaos that briefly overtook our house Sunday morning.

As I reviewed the photos I'd taken, I discovered Sydney was a blur in every one of them. Why? Because our quick-learning little toddler never stopped moving. Silly me for worrying that she couldn't hold her own against her big brother in the search for candy-filled eggs. With Daddy holding her basket to keep it from spilling, there was no stopping our determined daughter. Amazing to think she wasn't even walking last year at Easter.

I am thankful that the Easter bunny remembered an important lesson from last year. The kids don't need nearly as much candy as was left in 2008. This year, AJ and Sydney got a fraction of the chocolate, enjoying instead small toys like Play-doh filled eggs, new markers and a Gator Golf game.

No comments:

Post a Comment