Monday, April 20, 2009

Going to see the grandparents

How excited was AJ to visit his recently returned Grandpa David and Grandma Elouise? Well, consider this. As soon as he got up Saturday morning, he wanted to pack. I got out one of the carry-ons, which he insisted on pulling into his room. I then went into Sydney's room to start gathering what she'd need for the trip. A few minutes later, I headed into AJ's room and found this:

He'd already started to pack. He'd stuffed two pairs of socks and a t-shirt into the tiny zippered pocket on the front, and wanted my help to squeeze his hockey jersey in there, too.

I convinced him to wear, rather than just pack, some of the clothes he'd grabbed. I also showed him the much bigger compartment inside the carry-on, where we could pack both his and Sydney's clothes for an overnight trip.

A little later, we were almost set to go. I'd made one trip out to load the trunk. On my second trip out, I discovered the kids were more ready to leave than I was. They'd even picked up an extra passenger who tried (unsuccessfully) to stow away in the back seat. What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment