Monday, July 20, 2009

You know it was a good weekend...

...when a ride around the block with Daddy is all it takes to send these two little troopers off to dreamland.


Three parties in three cities in one day seem to be the limit for these two. For mommy, too! Hopefully over the next few days I'll actually find time to write about the fun we had.

The short nap didn't do much for AJ. He crashed pretty quickly Sunday night. During snuggle time, he even gave me his blessing to leave, as if I was a distraction from what he needed to do: sleep. He told me, "You can go take your contacts out now, Mom." (This is usually the excuse I use when I don't have time to cuddle. I know he'll fall asleep within a few minutes. Hmmm... could he be on to me?)

Miss Sydney, on the other hand, managed to summon enough energy to try a few new stall techniques at bedtime. She's quite creative and adaptive. It was all charm for me. "Mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy!" she declared in her sweetest voice, giving me a hug and resting her head on my chest when I laid down next to her on the couch after being dismissed by AJ.

"Go to sleep," I told her.

Realizing she wasn't getting anywhere with me, she then looked across to Jeff, who was also sitting on the couch watching baseball. In an equally endearing voice, she proclaimed, "Go Twins!"

No comments:

Post a Comment