Saturday, August 29, 2009

Imagination at work

Working hard, or hardly working?

We sent the kids to their bedrooms last night, directing them to clean up the toys that covered their floors before Daddy came in with the vacuum cleaner. I helped Sydney, while AJ, well, I'm not sure what AJ was doing, but as I discovered later, it certainly wasn't cleaning.

Sydney's room was well under control, so I moved on to the next task, folding and putting away the laundry. A few minutes later, with laundry basket in hand, I returned to the kids rooms to find...

Sydney was playing cowgirl while talking to her baby. Note the new jacket she couldn't bear to take off and so wore most of the evening. And AJ, well, I'm still not exactly sure what he was doing. Wearing an emergency worker costume (because we know better than to call it a firefighter costumer in this house), AJ was trying to snag his octopus using the anchor from his pirate ship.

When TV isn't an option, you never know what these two will come up with for fun. Watching them is certainly more entertaining for me than any of the programming I might find in prime time.

No comments:

Post a Comment