Sunday, August 30, 2009

Toddler triage

This picture really has nothing to do with the story, but it was too cute not to post.


In case anyone is wondering just how good Sydney's conversation skills have become, here's an example.

A little bit ago, while playing in the living room, she let out a small grunt. Jeff asked, "What happened, Sydney?"

She responded, "I stubbed my toe."

"You stubbed your toe?" Jeff repeated the question.

"I need a band-aid" She answered.

Apparently noting a lack of blood, Jeff suggested, "How about a kiss instead?"

Clearly looking for more attention than that, Sydney moved on to the kitchen where I was making dinner.

"I got a owie, Mommy."

"You did? Do you need a kiss?" I asked.

My kisses must hold more healing power than Daddy's. Sydney accepted my offer by bracing herself against the cupboard and lifting her foot up in a rather ridiculous pose. She then pointed to the bottom of her foot (not her toe) and directed where she needed the kiss. "Here."

No comments:

Post a Comment