Sunday, August 23, 2009

Yeah, Daddy!

It's not necessarily the most flattering photo of our favorite brave army soldier, but the expressions on the kids's faces as they attempt to tickle him at dinner shows their excitement better than anything I could write.

It's funny how our reunions have changed in recent years. It used to be me running into Jeff's arms after a long separation. Today I ended up fourth in line. Even Maggie got in a few licks before I could give him a hug.

Jeff arrived home shortly before the kids and I headed out for our friend Addie's birthday party. (We left Jeff on the couch, where he remained napping until we returned home more than three hours later.) As we drove to the party, AJ, announced from the back seat, "I'm happy now."

Later in the evening, Sydney wouldn't let Daddy out of sight, following him around the house, giggling when he would catch her watching him. At dinner, (we went to Gordy's) Jeff had more helpers than he could handle. Both kids wanted to stick with him as he carried our trays of food to the table. And at bedtime, you can bet it wasn't me who was asked to read The Monster at the End of this Book.

It's good to feel whole again.

No comments:

Post a Comment