Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sweet!

I see this picture and several questions come to mind:

  1. Everyone is wearing jackets and long sleeves. Is this really a photo from a parade in August? (Answer: yes)
  2. Considering these kids still have massive amounts of candy left from the July 4 parade, and their systems are still digesting breakfast, which consisted of a sugar-cereal trifecta (a mix of Cocoa Puffs, Trix and the Cub version of Lucky Charms), why on earth would I not only allow, but in fact enable them to gather more sugar treats? (Answer: I apparently hate myself.)
  3. If they still haven't finished their candy stash by October, would it be tacky to hand out what's left at Halloween? (Answer: Don't say anything. I know.)

As small as it is, I love our town's parade. You can arrive at the last second, or even a few minutes late, and you'll always find a place to park and sit. And chances are, you'll see people you know both on the sidelines and in the parade. I didn't even have my chair set up before I heard an excited voice yell, "Hey, AJ!" So we sat with AJ's buddy Jace and family. It's so nice how my kids are helping me expand my circle of friends.

And AJ got to turn one of his favorite parts of last year's parade into a tradition: giving high-5s to the football players from the local community college.


Last year we battled rain. This year we battled cold. Surely next year's weather on parade day has to be nice. Doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment