Sunday, March 7, 2010

Carry on

Should I be surprised? AJ is, afterall, a boy. That particular gender isn't necessarily known for its ability to pack luggage.

Sunday night as I tried to pack, clean, write a note for the housesitter and finish up one final work assignment that we'll need to drop off at the office on our way to the airport, AJ repeatedly got in the way, wanting to play his Sponge Bob memory game. To give him something to do, I handed him his Spiderman backpack. Normally used for school, it will double nicely as his carry on during our flight. I told him to fill it with whatever toys he wanted to bring on the trip.

The first thing he grabbed? His very big, very loud, battery-powered Star Wars Storm Trooper helmet.

"No!" was the immediate response in unison from Mommy and Daddy.

"How about your new dragon book and the knights we bought at Target today?" I suggested helpfully.

"Sure," he responded casually as he went back to digging through the toy box.

I just can't wait to see how the airport screeners will react when they see the pirate hat, foam sword and knight hood he squeezed in there. There's nothing else.

Thank goodness for the games I've loaded onto my iPhone. I suspect AJ will be asking to play with it within ... oh... about four minutes after take off.

No comments:

Post a Comment