Sunday, March 21, 2010

Still adjusting

I know. I know. I've got to get past making comparisons between what we were doing however many hours/days/weeks ago while on vacation versus what we're doing now at home. But Saturday was such a stark contrast I just can't help myself.

Last Saturday, my little pirate was on the beach in Hollywood, Florida. Chasing waves. Searching for shells.


In a word, it was glorious.

Fast forward one week and AJ instead was dodging bleachers in search of a stray hockey puck. In a cold ice arena.

I liked last week soooooooo much better! And based on his expression, I think AJ did too.

Jeff played in a law enforcement hockey tournament this weekend in Superior. And while AJ was thrilled that the ref let him keep the puck that he found, it was nowhere near as exciting as finding a "real" shark tooth (rock).
AJ did manage to give one of the other teams in the tournament a good laugh. I'm not sure where they were from, but the team's jerseys said USA on the front. AJ walked up to one of the older players and announced, "Hey, I saw you on TV!"
The man looked confused, until AJ very matter-of-factly stated, "But Canada beat you."
If ever there were an Olympic competition for imaginations, AJ would take home the gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment