Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sew ready for kindergarten

AJ reached a milestone of sorts last week: the first of three kindergarten-readiness programs. Not to be confused with kindergarten round-up or registration, this was basically a night for the kids and their parents to meet the teachers and key administrators and get a little more comfortable with the school.

The night included story time, plus a craft and other activities.

I couldn't help but notice which parent AJ sought for help when it came time to "sew" a mitten made from construction paper. I'm sure it's because he wanted me to take pictures. Yes, that must be the reason.

All in all, it was a fun evening, and a good reminder of why I love our town. We walked in and saw two friends from daycare, several others from preschool, three kids from church (including Reagan, who's sitting next to AJ) and another two from hockey. Nothing like having a head start at making friends!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you're expecting a comment from your mother on this one. Oh, yeah.... I'm sure it was so you could take pictures. Hee, hee. AJ seems to be a very discerning boy. When you were a child, I couldn't believe your non-sewing skills. Grandma Grace & I sewed so much, I was a fabric store supervisor for several years, and then there was you. I'll never forget when you tried to just shorten the drapes in your first house. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about.....Dana had them hanging upside down so the rod was through the hem. "Nuff said."

    ReplyDelete