Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fish stories

I need to teach Jeff to think like a blogger. That means, take more pictures. Even if the big one gets away while fishing, since AJ was involved, we're still probably going to get a story that's a keeper.

For the fishing opener, Jeff and AJ headed for their favorite spot in Carlton. As AJ described it, it's the place "with a lot of rocks where I found the pretend worm."

Alas, it was not their most successful fishing venture. AJ came home and announced, "Dad caught one little fish, but I didn't catch any."

"You got skunked?" I asked sympathetically.

AJ look confused. "No, I just didn't catch any fish.

Talking a bit more with AJ this morning about the fishing trip, he told me that one time a fish scratched one of their worms. He also said that the little fish Jeff caught was a bulleye.

I asked AJ, "A bullhead? Did it have whiskers like a catfish?"

"No! It was a bulleye."

"A walleye?" I guessed again.

"No. Bulleye," he insisted again.

I'm going to have to wait until Jeff wakes up to clarify that.

No comments:

Post a Comment