Sunday, May 9, 2010

Pancake days

If you find something you like, stick with it. That seems to be AJ's meal mantra during a recent 24-hour period.

Thursday night, with Jeff working late, I took the kids to the Lions' Pancake Day in Duluth. As we were getting ready to eat our pancakes, AJ announced he'd had pancakes for lunch at school, too.

Friday morning, I asked AJ what he wanted for breakfast, and guess what his answer was.

Three meals in a row of pancakes. Perhaps part of their appeal is that I allowed him to use a butter knife to cut them himself. That's even more exciting than being allowed to use a scissors!
Though, I wonder what it says about me and my priorities that I allow him to use a knife, but still don't trust him to pour his own syrup. Hmmm...

AJ is a smart kid. After he finished his third straight meal of pancakes, I asked him which ones he liked best. "The ones for breakfast," was his prompt reply.

I really shouldn't feel too proud. Nuking them in the microwave for a minute and ten seconds really doesn't give me much to brag about.

No comments:

Post a Comment