Monday, January 24, 2011

Medic!

Is there a doctor in the house? "Lucky" for me, I have two young medical providers who are happy to treat all sorts of ailments, from "owies" to pneumonia. 


Most often, treatment involves a shot, followed by a Band-aid. Using the stethoscope is important, but always is preceded by the question, "Mommy, where's your heart?" For Doctor Sydney, taking the patient's temperature is also key.


As my check-up dragged on, Doctor AJ determined that I was pregnant. Lovely! He then handed me one of Sydney's dolls and said, "Here's your baby."

I quickly recognized the opportunity for a break and suggested they take care of the baby for a while. Doctor AJ was fine switching to the roll of pediatrician.

But Sydney quickly turned into a concerned Mommy. Let's not forget whose baby this doll really is. There will be no shots given to this baby. Or maybe the outrage stemmed from when AJ suggested the doll was a boy, not a girl. Talk about unimaginable insults!

Cuddling the now bandaged "baby," Sydney rocked her from side to side, reassuring her that all was all right.
Don't mess with Mama Sydney!

No comments:

Post a Comment