Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Slide - splash - slide - splash

Ask anyone on AJ's team what the best part of the Silver Bay hockey jamboree was, and I think it's a safe bet their answer wouldn't have anything to do with hockey. The highlight, of course, was staying at a hotel with a swimming pool.

The wading pool with a frog slide, which had been pretty intimidating to Sydney last year, kept her busy for a very, very long time.

The hotel also has a large slide, and in fact has measured it out and created a contest. Apparently, 48 trips down the big slide equals a mile. I think Sydney slid the equivalent of a mile going down the frog's tongue.


Not only was the wading pool fun, it gave her a valid excuse to avoid the colder water and much more loud and crowded conditions in the big pool.

Which was fine with me. The water in the wading pool seemd at least ten degrees warmer than it had been last year, allowing me to sit on the sidelines with just my feet in the water, as opposed to having to fully immerse myself in the big pool to help her swim. A little later, she happily joined me in the hot tub.
It's kind of nice that her tastes in swimming activities so far are remarkably similar to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment