Wednesday, January 5, 2011

More Christmas memories

I just realized a post I'd started several weeks ago never got finished. Must be something to do with the craziness of the holidays. So let's take a trip down memory lane...

Our early Christmas continued on the Sunday before Christmas with a breakfast for Jeff (whose work schedule will keep him from joining us) and lunch with my Dad's side of the family.

But before we got started, Sydney had to share a few moments with her "uncle" Dudley. (Is that the appropriate relation, since we jokingly refer to my parents' dog as their fourth child?)

After church, we headed to McDonalds where the kids ran and climbed around the Playland, and even took a few bites of breakfast. Next they helped Daddy unwrap his Christmas gifts.

Next up on our over-eating tour, we headed to my uncle and aunt's home for the annual Larson family gathering. There we forced the kids to pose for the annual "cousins" photo. (I remember doing this with my cousins on the steps of my uncle and aunt's previous home when I was little.)

Another relationship question... are the children of cousins considered second cousins? Or first cousins once removed? Regardless, Sydney and her (whatever the exact term is) cousin Lily bonded right away. This is the first year Sydney has wanted to play with people, rather than simply by their side. It was adorable to watch Sydney and Lily walk through the house holding hands. The next day Sydney asked if someday she could play with her new friend Lily again.
Another special moment came when I got to meet my new (whatever the exact relation is - he's the son of my cousin) Sawyer for the first time.

This not-so-little guy (My arm ached after holding him. How have I so quickly forgotten how heavy babies can be?) is quite a fighter and has overcome some incredible odds to be with us this Christmas. A lot of people say Christmas is the season of miracles, but Sawyer is proof that miracles happen all year long.

No comments:

Post a Comment