Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The great American novel

Since it doesn't appear I will finish (or even start) my first book any time soon, I guess it's good that at least someone in the family is busy putting pencil to paper. Wouldn't it be ironic if AJ published a book before me?


It's a pretty safe bet AJ's written masterpieces won't be appearing on a bookshelf near you anytime soon. His books tend to feature more staples than plotlines. They also tend to be just about impossible to decipher. For instance, one page says this:


What? You can't tell that says "Grandpa likes fishing" ?

Regardless, his intentions are good, as is any interest at all in the literary word.

1 comment:

  1. I actually was able to figure out that AJ was trying to write the word "likes". The rest? Well, when you know what it's supposed to say I guess I can figure it out.
    After reading about your not being able to write a book right now, I must copy/paste part of what my cousin Kris in Boston e-mailed me yesterday. Read on......

    This winter has been awful. In fact, it is the first time it has really upset me... this incessant snowfall is making me crazy and depressed. HOWEVER, I think we have broken the pattern and spring may be creeping our way. Gosh I hope so. (Last week your daughters website snapped me right out of my depressed state. She is such a marvelous writer and should publish her daily articles. I am positive they would be a smash hit - and read worldwide.)

    ReplyDelete