Thursday, February 17, 2011

Out of the mouth of AJ

Here's a sampling of some of the things AJ told me yesterday.

First of all, it was Crazy Hair and Socks Day at his school. I don't quite get the connection, but somehow this ties in with I Love to Read Month. That meant digging through the Christmas decorations box in search of his striped elf socks, and sculpting his hair to look like a stegosaurus.


As badly in need of a haircut as he is right now, I probably could have just let him go to bed with a wet head the night before and come up with comparable results. AJ loved the look and giggled, "We should show Grandpa." (If you don't understand his reference, click here.)

When I asked later who had the craziest hair in his class, AJ pondered for a moment, then said, "It was a tie."

"Between who?" I asked.

"Me, and... ummm... I don't know."

"Who had the craziest socks?" I asked.

He grinned, "Me!"
*****
Meanwhile, he informed me that he made a new friend, but can't remember his name. To make a long story short, the boy is in a different kindergarten class, but they met on the playground and went on a treasure hunt together.

"We found poop!" AJ excitedly revealed. "We thought it was a rock, but I poked it with a stick and it was soft, so it's poop."

Clearly a bonding moment and the start of a beautiful friendship.
*****
AJ also told me he got a new book from the school library. Amazingly, it's not about a president. Rather, it's about the Apache Indians. As a preview, AJ told me, "It has an indian and a fox. And now the fox is a hat."
(Sure enough, the book features a photo of a boy performing a traditional dance ceremony, and a fox pelt is part of the boy's head dress.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment