Saturday, February 26, 2011

Promotion

After four months working this crazy schedule, Jeff's promotion to Lieutenant was officially recognized during a ceremony Friday at City Hall. It was a long ceremony made even longer by the numerous commendations that were handed out to other officers for jobs well done during the last year.

We briefly made an appearance on my old TV station, watch closely... don't blink... and you'll see us here as I pinned on Jeff's shiny new badge.


It was a bit of a challenge keeping the kids quiet and non-disruptive for an hour and 15 minutes. I'd pulled AJ out of school early so that he could attend. His teacher was more than understanding considering she was planning to attend the same ceremony to see her husband receive two honors.

As I dug through my purse, offering my silenced phone to AJ and crayons to Sydney, I couldn't help but think back to the last time we sat through one of these ceremonies.


We seem to have changed just a bit... at least the youngest two have. That day I was dealing with a hungry newborn and a two-year-old with a messy diaper. Granted, I had two sets of grandparents with that day who were happy to help. Still, it put in perspective that yesterday's challenges really weren't so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment