Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sydney's commandments

The Sunday School theme this month is the 10 Commandments. For the preschool class, today's message was pretty basic: commandments are the same as rules, there are 10 of them, and they came from God.

How much did Sydney take away from the lesson? She knows they're from God, and that they're so important she should display her art project (which features the commandments glued to a paper plate, surrounded by tissue paper and glitter) in a special place.

When we got home, she quickly decided the refrigerator is far too ordinary for such a special project. "Mommy, I can put it on my dresser!" She proclaimed, running into her bedroom. I followed, then stepped back to grab the camera. Because apparently she'd gotten an even better idea.


"I did it myself, by my numbers." She announced.

"You mean you hung it by the letters in your name?" I asked.

I put it by my letters," she affirmed, before bouncing around her bed in a happy dance.

When Jeff woke up, it was the first thing she showed him. Later in the day she decided to literally display it on her dresser, so it's now hanging from one of the drawer handles.

Commandment #11: Though shalt proudly display art projects involving glitter and glue.

*****

Quick update on Maggie... She's doing pretty good. Last Thursday, I thought the end was imminent. She was so obviously miserable that I figured the weekend would be spent keeping her as comfortable as possible until we could get her to the vet early this week. But by Friday afternoon she was much livelier and cheerful, and has been ever since. AJ was hopeful yesterday as he suggested, "Maybe she's just a little sick."

We know that's not the case, but remain grateful for each additional day we can have her.

No comments:

Post a Comment