Sunday, February 13, 2011

Random conversation

We're sitting in a motel room right now, trying to keep quiet so Daddy can get a little more sleep. I'll do my best to paint a picture with words because, even though I remembered to pack the laptop and took a lot of adorable photos during our visit to the Children's Museum yesterday, I forgot to bring the connector device to transfer photos from my camera to the laptop.

The kids are sitting on the floor in the area closest to the door. I've got the bathroom light turned on, which makes it bright enough for them to play, while not disturbing Jeff. AJ is playing with his new LEGO knights, while Sydney is allowing Prince Charming to cheat on Cinderella by wooing the Little Mermaid.

Out of the blue, AJ asked, "Mom, did they have computers back then?"

"Back when?" I asked.

"When George Washington was president."

"No," I answered. "They didn't even have electricity back then."

Sydney joined the conversation, "What's lec-cursidy?"

How do you explain that? "It's what makes the lights turn on and the TV turn on and things like that."

I watched Sydney's eyes wander around our darkened room. Either she'd already tuned me out, or she was noting all the areas where we weren't using "lec-cursidy."

No comments:

Post a Comment