Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Eating her words

Don't you hate it when you goof around and stall so much at dinner that your food gets cold and then it tastes even worse than it did to begin with, which is why you were goofing around and stalling in the first place?


That's the situation Sydney has found herself in right now as I write this. The rest of us have been done eating for at least a half hour, but Sydney has decided she only wants watermelon tonight. Too bad for her.

Her reason for not eating that least piece of steak? "It's too hot." (Never mind it's been sitting on her plate for at least 45 minutes.)

And the last cucumber slice? "It's too poisonous." (I do not make this up.)

"I guess I need to go to the hospital," she calmly told me.

She did briefly end up going to her room. Not by her choice. After several minutes of crying and an "I'm sorry Mommy," she's now back and seemingly more willing to clean her plate.

I'm trying my hardest not to laugh - I don't want to encourage her behavior. But right now she's eating the noodles one at a time, holding each one up and calling out, "Rapunzel, Rapunzel let down your hair."

Our plan was to take a walk after dinner. Good thing the sun is setting later and later these days.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait until Sydney is a teenager and reads over what you have written about her! I sure hope she still has a sense of humor when she's 14!!!

    ReplyDelete