Thursday, May 19, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Three years old. Imagine that!

It was three years ago today I finally stopped thinking, "I should start a blog sometime so I can write down all the cute things my kids say." And finally did it. (Thank you, Jess, for getting me started!)

Three years and 925 stories inspired by my kids' awesome imaginations.


My, how they've changed. To take a look back at some of their earliest stories, check out the archive section on the right and click on the triangles next to the year and/or month to expand the list. To see AJ's first appearance on the blog, you can click here. For Sydney, click here.

I've always written this blog with three audiences in mind: family/friends, myself and, eventually, my kids. I hope someday they will appreciate looking back. (Especially considering I've pretty much stopped scrapbooking since starting this blog.)  Hopefully they won't find it embarrassing.

Last night, as I was writing this, AJ came over to see what I was doing. He wondered what I meant when I said, as I've done many times before, "I need to take your picture for the blog." And so I let him see the pictures, and read to him a few of the stories from May 2008.

He laughed and asked to see a few more.

And that's all the encouragement I need to continue doing this.

Here's to many more years of inspiring imaginations!

No comments:

Post a Comment