Monday, May 2, 2011

More Sydney-isms

"Mommy, you can't find me!"


Have I mentioned lately how much my kids make me laugh? I am really going to miss this stage, when all it takes is a tickle to make them laugh and shriek with delight.

Sydney's mind is full of fun observations right now. She updates me each morning on the number of good or bad dreams she had the night before. (I suspect it's a totally made up figure, because any time I ask her what her dream was about, she has no answer.) One recent morning, as she stumbled from her room, not quite awake and with hair all askew, she smiled up at me with squinty eyes and said, "I didn't have no dreams last night. Just sleeps."

Her recaps of how she spent her day are equally fun. One day last week, (I was at work. Jeff had the day off.) Jeff took the kids to the zoo, McDonald's and a store that had toys. They also played outside for a while. That evening, I asked Sydney what she'd done that day.

"I got poop on my shoe! But Daddy wiped it off."

Always good to know which events turn into lasting memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment