Sunday, September 18, 2011

Artistic breakthrough

I think we just might be able to skip the annual family Christmas card photo this year. We can substitute Sydney's drawing instead. It looks just like us!


Left to right, I'm pretty sure that's Jeff, Sydney, me, Gus and AJ. (Sorry, Spike. I'm sure if she knew how to draw cats, you'd totally be included. In pink.)

After weeks of drawing princesses and queens and nothing else, Sydney came home from daycare recently and excitedly announced. "Mommy, I can draw husbands now. I learned how to draw boy pants and boy shirts!"

And so tonight, desperate to stall at bedtime, Sydney demonstrated her new-found talent. And then some. Gus should feel pretty important. According to Sydney, it's the first time she's attempted to draw a dog.... with ears.

She excitedly presented us her masterpiece, and of course we praised her for her very good job. I asked if I could take a picture of it, and she agreed. But before I could get the camera out, Miss Temperamental Young Talent postponed the photo opp.

"Wait! I have to give Gus more fur!"

She then disappeared back into the office, where she apparently finds greater artistic inspiration than at her usual spot at the dining room table.

She returned shortly, at last satisfied with her work.

I don't have the heart to tell her that most boy pants aren't pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment