Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Creative creation

What does a blue/yellow Play-Doh man, black and white streamers and a pink balloon have in common?

Apparently, something to do with creation.


I don't get it either.

In Sunday School, the kids are half-way through a five-week session focusing on God's creation. Sydney was very excited to show me her take-home treats. Holding up first the white streamer and then the black one, she explained, "This one is for day, and this one is night."

"That's cool," I answered. "What's the balloon for?"

"It's for you!"

What a nice non-answer.

I then turned to AJ, whose Play-doh creation suddenly seemed to make sense. "And I bet you learned about when God created man."

"Um, no," AJ said. "We were just supposed to think of something and I couldn't think so I just made this."

He should have stuck with my answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment