Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Celebrating the birthday girl

It's the moment you've all been waiting for... (by "you", I mean my mom and dad, who I'm sure want to see the pictures) ... the recap of Jessica's belated birthday party.

I'd add a caption, but I don't know everyone's names. Mostly cousins. Some friends. Pretty much everybody 21 and younger who was at the party is squeezed into the photo.

The moment the younger kids all were waiting for was just about to take place.

Sing quickly and blow out the candles! There's cake and ice cream waiting!


For once, there was actually someone less patient than my children. I didn't get a picture, but Zane actually tried crawling across the table - more than once - to get at the cake. AJ, meanwhile, for all his excitement, held up the show a bit when he couldn't decide on what kind of ice cream he wanted. They had four different options! Uncle Steve graciously read the ingredients so AJ could be sure he wasn't going to accidentally pick one that tasted like peanut butter. Because that would be simply horrible. (No, he has no allergies. He just doesn't like the taste.)


Mmmm!!! So worth the wait!


A bit later, we headed to the volleyball court for a feeble attempt at vollying. I'm pretty sure the ball spent more time in the weeds than it did in the air, but it was still enough fun to top AJ's list as his favorite part of the day.

It doesn't seem possible that Jessica is 18. She's my little niece who was born just a few months before I moved to Duluth... who was Sydney's age when I first met Jeff. And now she's an adult. Welcome to the grown-up world, Jessica. It won't always be as fun as this day, but you're off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment