Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Gus is such a guy

Who knew? Guy genes run amok in dogs too.


Gus is the worst kind of remote-hog! He doesn't just hang on to the remote. He grabs it and runs. I do give him credit for one thing, though. Gus actually found the remote he's proudly carrying. The other males in the house are far more likely to lose it.

At dinner time, he fulfilled another stereotype.


Who lays down while eating? Could he get any lazier? Is this the canine version of pigging out on the sofa while watching TV?

I've lost track of how old Gus is. (Sleep deprivation caused by a certain puppy who continues to wake up at 6:30 on weekends will do that to you.) He must be 15 or 16 weeks. His birthday is June 4. You're welcome to do the math.

He's up to 28 pounds, as of tonight. It makes me wonder which weighs more - Gus, or all the toys he's destroyed. Clearly tired of chasing Gus and prying chewed up toys from his mouth, AJ asked, "How long have we had Gus?"

"Seems like forever, doesn't it?"

So much is said about dogs' undying love and loyalty to their owners. Personally, I think it's just their way of saying, "I know I deserved it, so thank you for not strangling me as a puppy."

In the time it's taken me to write this, I've had to rescue a book, toy pirate and squirt gun from my darling little monster's destructive jaws. At least it was a Dora book of Sydney's that I secretly would appreciate never having to read again. Maybe Gus and I could work out a deal...

No comments:

Post a Comment