Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Choice words

Sydney's picked up this darling little phrase lately: "Never mind." Unfortunately, she tends to use it at inopportune times. For instance, when Mommy catches her climbing on a stool in the kitchen and asks, "Hey Sydney, what are you doing?"...

That's not the best time to answer, "Never mind."

And when Mommy repeats the question, "Sydney, what are you doing?", that's especially not the time to answer, "It's okay."

I think for the time being, we'll still let Mommy decide what's okay and what's not.

For example, now that Mommy's seen these pictures, she's decided it's probably not okay for Sydney to continue wearing this shirt. Call me a prude, but I think the toddler stage is a bit early to allow her to begin baring her midriff.

It's not supposed to look that way, but the outfit has shrunk in odd directions. It's size 24-months, but the pants are just now fitting her. Meanwhile, the shirt suffers from the combination problems of it shrunk, and the bottom tends to roll up. A helpful colleague suggested I just add a little ruffle or something to the bottom of the shirt to make it longer. Great idea!

Clearly my co-worker does not know me (and my lack of sewing abilities) as well as I thought. Any iron-on suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. How about the layered look? Have her wear a plain but longer-bodied shirt tucked into the slacks. Even if it were a short sleeve shirt, at least her tummy would be covered. Too bad she's to big for a onsie, hunh?

    ReplyDelete