Thursday, December 10, 2009

Oh Christmas tree

You know it was a fun weekend when it produces enough good stories and photos to last all the way to Thursday!

Last Sunday we decorated our Christmas tree. And for the first time, I'm being honest when I use the "we" pronoun. Everybody pitched in this year. Though I realize now that Jeff's contribution to our decorating efforts got cropped out of the photo.

When we picked out the tree, it didn't seem that much bigger than its predecessors. But it is. Standing on a stool, I could not reach the top, so we recruited Jeff to clip on the star. Or, as Jeff put it, he got to be the Bumble (think of the big, furry character in the Rudolph show I wrote about last week.)

Other than playing with the strings of beads, Sydney mostly stayed out of it. Until she heard me take out the jingle bell decorations. Then she wanted to help.

I know I'm doing this out of order, but backing up to the beginning of the process, AJ started digging through ornaments while I was still hanging lights. He found a box with four frosted/glittery balls and decided to add them to the tree. If you look closely, you can see two of them right next to each other, just below his left sleeve. A third one is at the same level on the far right of the tree.

I don't know what he did with the fourth one. But when he finished, he proclaimed, "There. This looks like a good, good Christmas tree!"

One last note... I'm proud to say that for the first time since we moved into our house five years ago, I managed to pull all the decorations out from storage under the basement steps without smacking my head once. Call me a slow learner, but I'm savoring the victory (and lack of headache) nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment